IRS stamp letters on gold background

Changing your fiscal year end with the IRS

A commonly asked question we receive is: “How do I change my nonprofit organization’s tax year-end?” The link above is a brief guide to changing that year-end via mail or facsimile. Organizations should remember that the best time to change a year-end is immediately after an annual IRS tax filing. Please be sure to notify us of any change made to your organization’s tax year-end.