The forms and filing instructions on this page are intended for those who wish to file their own 990 documents without RENOSI assistance.
Filing your 990-N
For organizations with annual gross receipts of less than $50,000:
- Go to https://sa.www4.irs.gov/epostcard/ and register as a new user, if necessary. (You will need to register as a "preparer".)
- Enter YOUR organization's EIN. Do not use your parent organization's EIN if you are a subordinate of another group.
- Enter YOUR organization's name in the DBA (Doing Business As) field on the second page.
If you get an error message that your EIN was not found this usually means that the EIN was entered incorrectly or the IRS has not yet updated its IRS Master File to include your organization. To resolve this problem you may:
- Wait a few months and try again.
- File a paper 990EZ (Download the PDF Form 990EZ) postmarked by your filing due date.
RENOSI has been informed that there is no penalty for late filing one year’s 990N. However, failure to file the IRS 990 for three consecutive years, or filing the 990 late for three consecutive years, will result in revocation of your organization's federal tax-exempt status.
RENOSI is the leader in helping national organizations set up and manage affiliate chapters. Setting up local, regional and state affiliate chapters is an excellent way to grow your national organization. Managing hundreds and even thousands of chapters, however, is time-consuming and difficult.
Since its inception, RENOSI has provided a simple and stress-free solution to help obtain and maintain tax-exempt status for over 4,000 nonprofits. With the interactive myRENOSI dashboard, our partners can organize their state and federal registrations, allowing our team of experts to help ensure your tax-exempt status is not revoked.