organizing records

DIY - Getting Your Books and Records Organized

IRS Form 990EZ and Form 990 are tax returns that nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations must file.  Failure to file means loss of IRS tax-exempt status [e.g. 501(c)].  If your organization collects $50,000 or less in gross receipts annually, you likely need to file the 990N (e-postcard) and do not need this guide.

This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to use a spreadsheet to organize and categorize your income and expenses.  The IRS Form 990EZ and 990 require that you list your income and expenses by type (e.g. donations, fundraising income, fundraising expenses, grants, office expenses and the like).

Download the guide now using the button above.

RENOSI is the leader in helping national organizations set up and manage affiliate chapters. Setting up local, regional and state affiliate chapters is an excellent way to grow your national organization. Managing hundreds and even thousands of chapters, however, is time-consuming and difficult.

Since its inception, RENOSI has provided a simple and stress-free solution to help obtain and maintain tax-exempt status for over 6,000 nonprofits. With the interactive myRENOSI dashboard, our partners can organize their state and federal registrations, allowing our team of experts to help ensure your tax-exempt status is not revoked.